The Capilano Rugby Club will be hosting its annual Toy Drive on Saturday December 5, 2020. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, this event will be a drop-off only event. Unlike previous years, we will not be inviting people to stay during the day and there won’t be any food/beverages available. We will still be collecting donations throughout the day on December 5 as well as in the weeks leading up to December 5th.
2020 has been a difficult year for a lot of people. COVID-19 has had a financial impact on many families in our community. These are the families that will benefit from our donations. Our four donor organizations are all expecting an increase in demand this year. Please help us support the greater need of these amazing organizations again this year!! The generosity towards this event has been incredible over the years. Thank you for continuing to make a positive impact on our community!!
WHERE: Capilano Rugby Club. 305 Klahanie Court
WHEN: Saturday December 5th, 2020
12pm – 5pm *Drop off only event*
The Capilano Rugby Club has been hosting a Toy Drive every year since 1984. The 37th annual event will take place on Saturday December 5, 2020 at 12:00pm. This year we will again be supporting the following local organizations:
– North Shore Christmas Bureau run by North Shore Family Services
– North Shore Neighbourhood House
– North Shore Salvation Army
– North Shore Food Bank
Details for drop-off on December 5:
Please bring a new unwrapped and unopened gift/toy to the Capilano Rugby Club. We will also be accepting non-perishable food for the Food Bank. Enter the clubhouse through the main front door. Upon entry, there will be a hand sanitizing station set up. You will then procced to the far end of the clubhouse where the tree will be setup. Drop off your gift under the tree and then exit the clubhouse via the marked exit door.
There will be a few volunteers on hand to help make sure traffic flow is going one way and the correct doors are being used. Only one person or family will be allowed at the tree at a time. Volunteers will ensure proper spacing at any time there is a line-up. All volunteers will be wearing masks and we strongly encourage those donating to the event to wear a mask while inside. Volunteers at the event will also be required to complete a health attestation the morning of December 5.
Be assured that any gift/toy dropped off will go to a good home. We very much appreciate all donations. Gift cards are also great to drop-off at the event. Please see the list of gift suggestions below.
**This event is drop-off only and is not a social gathering. The drop-off details could change with any updated Provincial Health Orders. We will provide updates to event as necessary**
Ways to contribute if you can’t drop-off on December 5:
– Drop off at the Capilano Rugby Club between 5pm and 7pm on both Tuesday December 1 and Thursday December 3.
– Schedule a time to meet CRob somewhere locally from November 23 to December 4. Contact information below and this drop off will include COVID-19 safety protocols.
– Please help forward and share the event details online and via social media. Invite others to attend and donate to the event. Without this event being able to be held as we have in years past, a strong online/social media presence is extra important this year.
** We understand everyone’s situations are different. All COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed for the entirety of the event. If anyone would like to contribute towards the event but is unable to or uncomfortable with anything about, please contact CRob to work something out**
2020 Toy Suggestions (gifts for Tweens and Teens are the highest in demand)
· Wish list: Age 11-14 – gift cards (Starbucks/Restaurants/EB Games/Indigo/iTunes/Bowling), book series, skateboards, makeup, sports team gear, sports gear (ski goggles), brand name clothing, winter wear (jackets/hats/gloves), shoes, bags/backpacks, video games
· Wish list: Age 15+ – gift cards (Starbucks/Restaurants/EB Games/Indigo), tickets (movies/events), electronics, headphones/speakers, brand name clothing, phone accessories/chargers, backpacks, slides, makeup, pajamas/robes, room décor, sports gear, sneakers, hair accessories (straightener/curling iron, products), winter wear
“Being kind means responding to the needs of others – and people can be kind, no matter how old or young we are”
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Chris Robinson at 604-836-1408 or email@example.com. The link to the Facebook event can be found by clicking here. Please feel free to share the event and invite others to attend.
Thank you in advance for all the support!!