To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Capilano Rugby Club, we are putting together a rugby tour traveling to Italy from August 15- 30, 2020. Included as part of the tour, attendees will travel Florence, Rome, Parma, Venice, and more.
The tour will provide a unique opportunity to play international rugby clubs, take part in training sessions at local rugby clubs, visit the Italian Rugby Museum, and take part in a session coached by ex-Italy captain Marco Bortolami.
The tour will also accommodate anyone that would like to take in all that Italy has to offer with various activities and inclusions such as a Tuscan wine tour, tasting & lunch in Montepulciano, a guided walking tour of Florence, full day entry into Cinque Terre, A bicycle tour of Rome, a day in Venice, and much more.
We highly encourage all players to take this opportunity to play some of the best rugby clubs Italy has to offer, and take part in all the other activities and excursions. The tour is also open to non-players, and is sure to be a trip for the books.
The price details for the trip are broken down below. This price includes a number of meals, accommodation, transportation, and all the rugby and non-rugby related activities and excursions found below. The package pricing does not include flights, however group pricing is available for those that are interested. If we have enough interest in the tour and proceed with it, we will start fundraising heavily and look for sponsorships to decrease the cost for everyone attending.
Payments will be made in increments over the year, however the plan can be adjusted if needed, and payments can be made in smaller increments throughout the timeline. The deposit to lock down your place on the tour will be the first payment, and will be $225 CAD.
In order to be able to proceed with the trip, we require a minimum number of attendees, and therefore ask that anyone interested in attending this tour please contact Sam Franklin by Monday, July 22nd at Franklinsam87@gmail.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Let’s close our 50th season with a bang and show Italy a Capilano good time!
Prices reflected above are in Euros.
· Four Nights at a top-rated Hostel in Rome City Centre
· Two Nights at a 3* Hotel in Lucca
· Four Nights at a 4* Hotel in Parma City Centre
· Four Nights at a 3* Hotel in Lido di Jesolo
Activities and Excursions:
· Four Rugby Matches against local opposition. Fixtures inclusive of qualified referee, changing facilities & post match reception and hospitality.
· Three Training Sessions at Rugby Club facilities during the tour. Team to have access to changing facilities, training equipment & the pitch.
· Entry to the Italian Rugby Museum in Artena
· A Guest Coaching Session with ex-Italy Captain Marco Bortolami
· A Guided Bicycle Sightseeing Tour of Rome
· A Tuscan Wine Tour, Tasting & Lunch in Montepulciano
· A Guided Walking Tour of Florence
· A Full-Day Pass for Entry, the shuttle Ferry & Rail Services in the Cinque Terre National Park
· Entry to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello
· A Go-Kart Grand Prix in Parma
· A Guided Food & Wine Tour in Emilia-Romagna
· A Venice Sightseeing Day including return Vaporetto Water Taxi Transfers on the Grand Canal
· Entry to Aqualandia Waterpark in Jesolo