Rugby Saturday – November 19, 2016
This Saturday two Capilano RFC teams are in action. New Zealand vs Ireland, the rematch, will also be shown at The Pint in Vancouver.
Capilano Premier Women vs Westshore in Victoria
After a big win last weekend, the Capilano Premier Women play for the last time in 2016 this Saturday. They will be travelling to Victoria to take on Westshore. Kickoff is scheduled for 11:30am.
Capilano U23 Men vs Surrey at Klahanie
Fall playoff game. Currently scheduled for 11:30am at Klahanie Park. Please check the email this week as it might be moved to 1:00pm kickoff or to another field depending on weather conditions. Let’s support the young Capilano Men this weekend.
International Rugby at The Pint
9:30am : Ireland Vs All Blacks
11:45 : France Vs Australia
$20 Cover includes Buffet Breakfast. Doors open at 8:45am. Great International Rugby at a great rugby venue in Vancouver.
Capilano RFC AGM
The 47th (2016) Annual General Meeting of the Capilano Rugby Football Club will take place in The Alex Mahood Room, the Clubhouse, at Klahanie Park on Thursday, November 24th at 8:45pm.
At the Annual General Meeting, you will be asked to:
- Approve the minutes from the 2015 Annual General Meeting
- Receive and Approve the financial statements for the year ended August 31st, 2016
- Waive the appointment of Auditors and approve the appointment of an accountant
- Elect Executive Board for the 2016/2017 year.
- Receive and consider reports from the President and other Directors
Please share this message with all Capilano RFC members. It is very important to attend every AGM.
Capilano RFC Toy Drive
WHERE: Capilano Rugby Club. 305 Klahanie Court.
WHEN: Saturday December 10th, 2016.
Drop in anytime between 12pm – 5pm
The Capilano Rugby Club will be collecting toys on Saturday Dec. 10th, 2016 that will be dropped off at the NS Christmas Bureau and the North Shore Salvation Army. As we have done the last few years we will also be collecting canned and non-perishable food items to be given to the North Shore Food Bank. If you can’t make it down to the club on the 10th we will have a drop off box inside the clubhouse on Thursday December 8th. Gifts must be unwrapped and unopened. See the list at the bottom for suggested gift ideas. Gifts for teenagers are in the greatest demand at this time of the year. There will be a collection of finger foods, sweets, and drinks served on the 10th. We will also have a few festive activities set up for younger children in the clubhouse. So come in and drop of your gift under the tree and stay a few minutes or a few hours and enjoy the festive atmosphere. Remember it’s all for a great cause. Feel free to bring anyone along with you as it is a family event. Any questions feel free to contact Chris Robinson at: email@example.com or at 604-836-1408.
Some toy suggestions from the North Shore Christmas Bureau:
- Infants and Preschool: educational and developmental toys
- Girls and Boys 5 – 11 years: jewelry kits, art supplies, craft sets, books, backpacks, sleeping bags, building toys and science sets
- Gifts for Tweens and Teen Girls and Boys are our greatest need: accessories, movie passes, gift certificates, sports equipment, electronics, make-up, bath products and art supplies.